Pharma company: westwood-squibb
List of westwood-squibb products:
- Desquam-X - This medication is used to treat mild to moderate acne . It may be used in combination with other acne treatments . When applied to the skin , benzoyl peroxide works by reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria and by causing the skin to dry and peel.
- Desquam-X Wash
- Eurax - This medication is used to treat scabies . Scabies is a skin infection caused by mites that burrow into the skin. Irritation from the mites leads to severe itching and small bumps/ blisters filled with fluid/pus. Crotamiton works by killing the mites that cause scabies. It also helps relieve itching related to scabies and other skin conditions. Crotamiton belongs to two classes of drugs: scabicides and antipruritics.
- Exelderm - Sulconazole is used to treat skin infections such as jock itch and ringworm. This medication is also used to treat a skin condition known as pityriasis ( tinea versicolor ), a fungal infection that causes a lightening or darkening of the skin of the neck, chest, arms, or legs. Sulconazole is an azole antifungal that works by preventing the growth of fungus.
- Flexicort - Pharmacological action Hydrocortisone is a glucocorticosteroid. Hydrocortisone inhibits the function of leukocytes and tissue macrophages. The migration of leukocytes in the area of inflammation. Impair the capacity of macrophages to phagocytosis and the formation of interleukin-1. Contributes to the stabilization of lysosomal membranes, thereby reducing the concentration of proteolytic enzymes in the field of inflammation. Decreases capillary permeability due to histamine release....
- Halog - This medication is used to treat a variety of skin conditions (e.g., eczema , dermatitis, allergies , rash ). Halcinonide reduces the swelling, itching , and redness that can occur in these types of conditions. This medication is a strong corticosteroid.
- Kenacomb Cream
- Kenacomb Mild Cream
- Kenacomb Mild Ointment
- Kenacomb Ointment
- Lac-Hydrin - This medication is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations (e.g., diaper rash , skin burns from radiation therapy). Emollients are substances that soften and moisturize the skin and decrease itching and flaking. Some products (e.g., zinc oxide, white petrolatum ) are used mostly to protect the skin against irritation (e.g., from wetness). Dry skin is caused by a loss of water in the upper layer of the skin....
- Pernox Lemon
- Presun 15 Cream Sunscreen
- Presun 15 Creamy Lotion
- Presun 15 Lotion
- Presun 29 Cream Sunscreen
- Presun 29 Cream Sunscreen for Kids
- Presun 29 Sunscreen Cream SPF 29
- Presun 29 Sunscreen for Kids Cream SPF 29
- Presun 30 Clear Gel Sunscreen
- Presun 30 Cream Sunscreen
- Presun 30 Cream Sunscreen for Kids
- Presun 30 for Kids Cream Sunscreen
- Presun 39 Sunscreen Cream SPF 39
- Presun 8 Creamy Lotion
- Presun Sensitive 28 Cream
- Presun Sunblock SPF 21
- Presun Ultra 15 Cream
- Presun Ultra 15 Gel
- Presun Ultra 27 for Kids Spray
- Presun Ultra 30 Cream
- Presun Ultra 30 Gel
- Presun Ultra 30 for Kids Cream
- Staticin - This medication is used to treat acne . It helps to reduce the number of pimples. Erythromycin is an antibiotic (macrolide-type). It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Some brands of this product contain a large amount of alcohol, which dries extra oils from the skin .
- Staticin Lotion
- T-Stat Pad
- Trans-Plantar - Pharmacological action Salicylic Acid is pharmaceytical active ingredient for topical use. Inhibits the secretion of the sebaceous and sweat glands. At low concentrations it has keratoplastic and in high doses keratolytic effect. Salicylic acid has a weak antimicrobial activity. Why is Salicylic Acid prescribed? Monotherapy with salicylic acid and as part of combination therapies for inflammatory, infectious and other skin lesions, including burns, psoriasis, eczema, dyskeratosis,...
- Trans-Ver-Sal - Pharmacological action Salicylic Acid is pharmaceytical active ingredient for topical use. Inhibits the secretion of the sebaceous and sweat glands. At low concentrations it has keratoplastic and in high doses keratolytic effect. Salicylic acid has a weak antimicrobial activity. Why is Salicylic Acid prescribed? Monotherapy with salicylic acid and as part of combination therapies for inflammatory, infectious and other skin lesions, including burns, psoriasis, eczema, dyskeratosis,...
- Ultravate - Halobetasol belongs to the family of medications called topical corticosteroids. Halobetasol topical preparations are used to treat resistant or severe psoriasis and other rashes. Halobetasol helps to control redness, itchiness, and irritation of the skin by reducing inflammation. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the conditions...
- Westcort - This ear drop is used to treat outer ear infections caused by bacteria (also known as swimmer's ear). This medication contains neomycin and polymyxin , which are antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria. It also contains hydrocortisone , which is an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that works by reducing ear swelling and discomfort. This medication treats only bacterial ear infections. It will not work for other types of ear infections. Unnecessary use or overuse of any...
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology