Pharma company: neopharm, israel
List of neopharm, israel products:
- AmBisome - This medication is used to treat a variety of serious fungal infections. It is often used in patients who cannot tolerate or who do not respond to the regular amphotericin treatment. It works by stopping the growth of fungi.
- Antabuse - This medication is used along with counseling and support to treat alcoholism . Disulfiram works by blocking the processing of alcohol in the body. This causes you to have a bad reaction when you drink alcohol.
- Artane - Trihexyphenidyl is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease or involuntary movements due to the side effects of certain psychiatric drugs (antipsychotics such as chlorpromazine / haloperidol ). Trihexyphenidyl belongs to a class of medication called anticholinergics that work by blocking a certain natural substance (acetylcholine). This helps decrease muscle stiffness, sweating , and the production of saliva , and helps improve walking ability in people with Parkinson's disease ....
- Avlosulfon - This medication is used to treat a certain type of skin disorder ( dermatitis herpetiformis ). It is also used with other drugs to treat Hansen's disease . Dapsone belongs to a class of drugs known as sulfones. It works by decreasing swelling (inflammation) and stopping the growth of bacteria. This medication will not work for viral infections (e.g., common cold , flu ). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness. OTHER USES: This section...
- Benylin Paediatric Syrup
- Benylin Paediatric sugar free
- Benylin with Codeine, Israel
- Caltrate + Vit D
- Caltrate Plus
- Celontin - Methsuximide belongs to the class of medications called anticonvulsants . It is used for the management of certain types of seizures (absence or petit mal seizures) that have not responded to other medications. It works in the central nervous system (the brain) to control seizures. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the conditions...
- Dantrium - Dantrolene belongs to a group of medications known as muscle relaxants. Dantrolene capsules are used to treat people with chronic muscle spasms caused by conditions such as cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, stroke, or spinal cord injury. Dantrolene helps these symptoms by preventing contractions or spasms of the muscles. Dantrolene may also be used before surgery for people at risk of malignant hyperthermia and for follow-up treatment of this condition. Malignant hyperthermia is a...
- Denorex - This medication is used on the hair/scalp to treat dandruff and other scaly, itchy skin conditions ( psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis). Coal tar belongs to a class of drugs known as keratoplastics. It works by causing the skin to shed dead cells from its top layer and slow down the growth of skin cells. This effect decreases scaling and dryness. Coal tar can also decrease itchiness from these skin conditions. OTHER USES: This section contains uses of this product that are not listed...
- Dilantin - Phenytoin belongs to the group of medications known as anti-epileptics . Phenytoin is used to manage and prevent certain types of seizures, as well as to prevent and treat seizures that occur during or following neurosurgery. It works on the brain to reduce the number and severity of seizures. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the...
- Enbrel - Etanercept belongs to the class of medications called biological response modifiers ("biologics") or TNF blockers . It is used to treat: active ankylosing spondylitis chronic moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in adults moderate-to-severe juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) in children and adolescents 4 to 17 years of age who have not responded to another class of medications called disease modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs) moderate-to-severe rheumatoid...
- Fibercon - Polycarbophil is used to treat constipation . It is known as a bulk-forming laxative. It increases the bulk in your stool, an effect that helps to cause movement of the intestines . It also works by increasing the amount of water in the stool, making the stool softer and easier to pass. OTHER USES: This section contains uses of this drug that are not listed in the approved professional labeling for the drug but that may be prescribed by your health care professional. Use this drug for a...
- HibTITER - This vaccine helps protect young children from Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) infection. Hib is a bacterial infection that can cause serious illness, including brain infection ( meningitis ). Children younger than age 5 are at highest risk for infection. Vaccination is the best way to protect against this life-threatening disease. Vaccines work by causing the body to produce its own protection (antibodies). This vaccine is not usually used in children over the age of 5 or in adults.
- Humegon - This medication is used to treat certain fertility problems in women. It provides follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) that help stimulate healthy ovaries to make eggs. This medication is usually used in combination with another hormone ( human chorionic gonadotropin -hCG) to help you become pregnant by bringing about the growth and release of a mature egg ( ovulation ). This medication is not recommended for women whose ovaries no longer make eggs properly...
- Lipitor - Atorvastatin belongs to the group of medications known as HMG CoA reductase inhibitors ("statins"). It is used to treat people who have high cholesterol levels, including those people who have certain inherited cholesterol disorders. When you use this medication, you also need to make lifestyle changes, including switching to a diet low in fat and cholesterol, quitting smoking, and increasing the amount of exercise you do. Atorvastatin works by blocking an enzyme that is used to...
- Macrodantin - This medication is used to treat or prevent certain urinary tract infections . This medication is an antibiotic that works by stopping the growth of bacteria. It will not work for viral infections (e.g., common cold , flu ). Unnecessary use or overuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness. Nitrofurantoin should not be used in children less than one month of age due to the risk of a certain blood problem (hemolytic anemia ).
- Materna - This medication is a multivitamin product used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiency due to poor diet , certain illnesses, or during pregnancy . Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health.
- Mercilon 28
- Minocin - Minocycline belongs to the class of medications called tetracycline antibiotics . It is used to treat infections caused by certain types of bacteria. It is most commonly used to treat certain types of skin infections, urinary tract infections, gallbladder infections, and respiratory tract infections such as bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis.
- Myambutol - Ethambutol is used with other medications to treat tuberculosis (TB). Ethambutol is an antibiotic and works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections . It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold , flu ). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness. OTHER USES: This section contains uses of this drug that are not listed in the approved professional labeling for the drug but that may be...
- Myco Hermal - Pharmacological action Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent of imidazole derivatives group for topical use. This medication has an effect at the expense of the synthesis of ergosterol, which is part of the cell membrane of fungi. Clotrimazole has a broad spectrum of action. Clotrimazole is active against dermatophytes, molds, fungi of the genus Candida, Malassezia furfur. This drug is also active against Corynebacterium minutissimum, Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Trichomonas...
- Neptazane - This medication is used in combination with other medications to treat high pressure inside the eye due to certain types of glaucoma . Lowering high pressure inside the eye helps to prevent blindness, vision loss, and nerve damage . Methazolamide belongs to a class of drugs known as carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. It works by decreasing the production of fluid inside the eye.
- Nordette - This medication is a combination of 2 hormones (an estrogen and a progestin) and is used to prevent pregnancy . It works mainly by preventing the release of an egg ( ovulation ) during your menstrual cycle. It also can work by making vaginal fluid thicker to help prevent sperm from reaching an egg (fertilization) and by changing the lining of the uterus (womb) to prevent attachment of a fertilized egg. If a fertilized egg does not attach to the uterus, it passes out of the body. Using...
- Novantrone - Mitoxantrone is used to treat leukemia and other cancers. It is also used to treat multiple sclerosis. It belongs to a class of drugs known as anthracenediones and works by slowing or stopping the growth of certain cells (including cancer cells and cells that affect the body's natural defenses).
- Orgalutran - Ganirelix belongs to the class of medications known as gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonists . It is used to prevent premature ovulation in women undergoing ovarian stimulation as part of fertility treatment. It blocks the effects of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). GnRH controls the secretion of another hormone, called luteinizing hormone (LH), a hormone that starts ovulation (release of an egg) during the menstrual cycle. Ganirelix allows the release of an egg to be...
- Phospholine Iodide - This medication is used alone or with other medications to treat certain types of glaucoma and other eye conditions (e.g., accommodative esotropia, synechial formation). It is also used to test for certain eye conditions (e.g., accommodative esotropia). It works by causing the pupil to shrink, decreasing the amount of fluid within the eye, and affecting certain eye muscles.
- Pregnyl - This medication is a hormone used in boys (before puberty ) to cause the normal dropping of the testicles into the scrotum. It is also used in certain boys to help with normal sexual development. It works by causing the testes to release male sex hormones (e.g., testosterone ). This medication is also used in women to treat fertility problems. It is given after finishing another medication ( menotropins ) to cause the release of an egg ( ovulation ). It should not be used in women whose...
- Preparation H - This medication is used to temporarily relieve burning, pain, and itching caused by hemorrhoids . This product contains ingredients such as cocoa butter, starch, or zinc oxide that form a protective barrier to prevent too much irritating contact with stool. This barrier helps protect inflamed, irritated skin and helps make bowel movements less painful.
- Puregon - Follitropin beta belongs to the class of medications called gonadotropins . Follitropin beta contains a hormone similar to the human hormone called follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). Follitropin beta is used as a fertility medication in both women and men. In women, it is used when FSH levels are low or as part of assisted reproductive technology (ART) procedures such as in-vitro fertilization. Follitropin beta causes eggs to become mature and ready for release by the ovary. In men,...
- Puregon Cartridge
- Rapamune - Sirolimus is an immunosuppressant agent . It is normally used along with corticosteroid medications and cyclosporine to prevent the rejection of kidney organ transplants. Together, these medications suppress (decrease) the body's natural defense, the immune system. Sirolimus works by preventing the formation of cells (white blood cells) that would normally attack the transplanted organ. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug...
- Remeron - Mirtazapine belongs to the group of medications known as tetracyclic antidepressants. Antidepressants are used to help relieve the symptoms of depression such as feeling low, sleeping problems, loss of appetite, and loss of interest in activities that you would normally enjoy doing. When you have depression, certain chemicals in the brain are out of their normal balance. Antidepressants such as mirtazapine work by helping to bring the chemicals back into balance. Antidepressants usually...
- Robitussin - Dextromethorphan belongs to a group of medications called antitussives (cough suppressants). This medication works by suppressing dry, hacking coughs. It is usually used for a short term to control coughing associated with the flu, a cold, or due to inhaled irritants. This medication may be available under multiple brand names and/or in several different forms. Any specific brand name of this medication may not be available in all of the forms or approved for all of the conditions ...
- Robitussin DM
- Stresstabs with Zinc - This medication is a multivitamin product used to treat or prevent vitamin deficiency due to poor diet , certain illnesses, or during pregnancy . Vitamins are important building blocks of the body and help keep you in good health.
- Sustanon 250
- Tracleer - Bosentan belongs to a class of medications called endothelin receptor antagonists. Bosentan is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, which is high blood pressure of the blood vessels between the heart and lungs. Bosentan works to block the effect of a natural compound called endothelin, which is something the body makes to tighten blood vessels. Blocking the effect of endothelin allows the blood vessels to relax, thereby decreasing the blood pressure between the heart and lungs...
- Trinordiol 21
- Vancoled - Vancomycin is an antibiotic used to treat serious bacterial infections . It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This medication is usually injected into a vein. However, this product comes in vials which may also be given by mouth to treat a severe intestinal condition known as Clostridium difficile -associated diarrhea . This condition can rarely occur after the use of antibiotics has allowed the growth of a certain kind of resistant bacteria in the intestines , leading to severe...
- Vicks Inhaler
- Zadstat - Pharmacological action Metronidazole is an anti protozoal agent. It is believed that the mechanism of action is associated with DNA damage-sensitive microorganisms. Active against Trichomonas vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, and obligate anaerobic bacteria (including Bacteroides spp., Fusobacterium spp.). Aerobic bacteria are resistant to metronidazole. In combination with amoxicillin Metronidazole is active against Helicobacter pylori. It is...
- Zarontin - This medication is used to manage and prevent certain types of seizures (those caused by absence [petit mal] epilepsy). It may be used at the same time as other medications that are used to control different types of seizures. It helps to control seizures by working on the central nervous system. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the...
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology