Pharma company: helsinn
List of helsinn products:
- Aloxi - This medication is used to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy. It may also be used to prevent nausea and vomiting after surgery. It works by blocking the hormone (serotonin) that causes vomiting.
- Amolin - Pharmacological action Atenolol is a cardioselective beta1-blocker without intrinsic sympathomimetic activity. This medication has antihypertensive, antianginal and antiarrhythmic action. Atenolol reduces the stimulatory effect on the heart sympathetic innervation and circulating catecholamines. The hypotensive effect of this drug is associated with a decrease in minute volume of blood, decreased activity of the renin-angiotensin system (has a greater significance for patients with...
- Asacol - 5-aminosalicylic acid (5-ASA or mesalamine) belongs to the group of medications known as anti-inflammatories . It is used to treat mild to moderate ulcerative colitis and mild to moderate Crohn's disease. 5-ASA acts by reducing inflammation in the bowel. Different brands of 5-ASA are designed to act on different places in the gastrointestinal tract (the digestion tube that runs from the mouth to the anus). Ulcerative colitis affects the colon and rectum only, while Crohn's disease affects...
- Calmax - Pharmacological action Alprazolam is an anxiolytic drug (tranquilizer), a derivative of triazolo-benzodiazepine. This medication has anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, central muscle relaxant effect. The mechanism of action is to enhance the inhibitory effect of endogenous GABA in the CNS by increasing the sensitivity of the GABA-receptor mediator as a result of stimulation of benzodiazepine receptors located in the allosteric center of postsynaptic GABA-receptor activating...
- Creanol - Pharmacological action Propranolol is a non-selective beta-blocker. This medication has antihypertensive, antianginal and antiarrhythmic action. The hypotensive effect is associated with a decrease in minute volume of blood, sympathetic stimulation of peripheral vascular disease, decreased activity of the renin-angiotensin system (has a value in patients with initial hypersecretion of renin), sensitivity of baroreceptors of the aortic arch (not going to enhance their activity in response...
- Cunil - Pharmacological action NSAIDs, a derivative of phenylpropionic acid, ibuprofen has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect. The mechanism of action is associated with inhibition of COX activity - the main enzyme metabolism of arachidonic acid, which is a precursor of prostaglandins, which play a major role in the pathogenesis of inflammation, pain and fever. Analgesic effect is due to both peripheral (indirectly, through suppression of prostaglandin synthesis), and a central...
- Dona - Glucosamine has been used for arthritis ( osteoarthritis ). Some herbal/ diet supplement products have been found to contain possibly harmful impurities/additives. Check with your pharmacist for more details about the brand you use. The FDA has not reviewed this product for safety or effectiveness. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
- Erymax - This medication is used to treat acne . It helps to reduce the number of pimples. Erythromycin is an antibiotic (macrolide-type). It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Some brands of this product contain a large amount of alcohol, which dries extra oils from the skin .
- Trinipatch - Nitroglycerin belongs to the class of medications called antianginals . Nitroglycerin patches are used to prevent angina attacks (chest pain). Nitroglycerin reduces the number of angina attacks by relaxing blood vessels and increasing the oxygen and blood supply to the heart. The nitroglycerin patch is not intended for immediate relief of angina. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms...
- Truoxin - Pharmacological action Ciprofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial drug of fluoroquinolone group with bactericidal action. Inhibits DNA gyrase and inhibits the synthesis of bacterial DNA. Highly active against most gram-negative bacteria: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Haemophilus influenzae, Escherichia coli, Shigella spp., Salmonella spp., Neisseria meningitidis, Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Ciprofloxacin is active against Staphylococcus spp. (including strains producing and not producing...
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology