Pharma company: cephalon
List of cephalon products:
- Abelcet - This medication is used to treat a variety of serious fungal infections. It is often used in patients who cannot tolerate or who do not respond to the regular amphotericin treatment. It works by stopping the growth of fungi.
- Alertec - Modafinil belongs to the group of medicines known as central nervous system (CNS) stimulants . It prevents sleepiness by stimulating certain parts of the brain. It is used to help people with a condition called narcolepsy , which causes daytime excessive sleepiness, by preventing drowsiness and keeping these people from falling asleep. It is also used to reduce excessive daytime sleepiness for people with obstructive obstructive sleep apnea or hypopnea syndrome (breathing disorder that...
- Axsain - This medication is used to treat minor aches and pains of the muscles/joints (e.g., arthritis , backache, sprains). It may also be used to treat nerve pain . Capsaicin works by decreasing a certain natural substance in your body (substance P) that helps pass pain signals to the brain .
- Dilzem SR
- Dilzem XL
- Erymax - This medication is used to treat acne . It helps to reduce the number of pimples. Erythromycin is an antibiotic (macrolide-type). It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Some brands of this product contain a large amount of alcohol, which dries extra oils from the skin .
- Fentora - This medication is used to help relieve sudden (breakthrough) cancer pain in people who are regularly taking moderate to large amounts of narcotic pain medication. Fentanyl belongs to a class of drugs known as narcotic (opiate) analgesics. It works in the brain to change how your body feels and responds to pain. This medication should not be used to relieve mild or short-term pain (such as due to headache / migraine , dental procedures, surgery).
- Gabitril - Tiagabine is used with other medications to treat certain epileptic seizure disorders (e.g., partial seizures) which have not been controlled by other medications. Seizures occur because of problems with communication between nerves. Tiagabine is believed to affect certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain that slow down this communication. Regular use of tiagabine together with your other anti-epileptic medication should reduce the number of seizures you have. When...
- Loperamide Lyoc
- Myocet - Doxorubicin belongs to the group of cancer-fighting medications known as antineoplastics, and specifically to the family of antineoplastics called anthracyclines. Doxorubicin prevents the growth of cancer cells by interfering with the genetic material DNA, which is necessary for reproduction of cells. Doxorubicin is used to treat many types of cancer, including cancers of the blood (e.g., leukemia), bone, breast, ovaries, testicles, thyroid, head and neck, bladder, stomach and soft...
- Nuvigil - Armodafinil decreases extreme sleepiness due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders such as difficult/irregular breathing during sleep (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome-OSAHS). It is also used to decrease sleepiness due to work schedules that interfere with a normal sleep routine (shift work sleep disorder-SWSD). It is not known how armodafinil works to increase wakefulness. It is thought to work by affecting certain substances in the brain that control the sleep/wake cycle....
- Paralyoc - Pharmacological action Acetaminophen is an analgesic-antipyretic. It has analgesic, antipyretic and weak anti-inflammatory action. The mechanism of action is associated with inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, the predominant influence on the thermoregulation center in the hypothalamus, enhances heat transfer. Why is Acetaminophen prescribed? Pain weak and moderate intensity of different genesis (including headache, migraine, toothache, neuralgia, myalgia, algomenorrhea; pain in...
- Provigil - Modafinil decreases extreme sleepiness due to narcolepsy and other sleep disorders such as difficult/irregular breathing during sleep (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome-OSAHS). It is also used to help you stay awake during work hours for people with work schedules that interfere with a normal sleep routine (shift work sleep disorder-SWSD). It is not known how modafinil works to increase wakefulness. It is thought to work by affecting certain chemicals in the brain that...
- Proxalyoc - Pharmacological action Piroxicam is a NSAID, refers to a group oxicams. This medication has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect. The mechanism of action associated with inhibition of the enzyme COX, which leads to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis from arachidonic acid. Piroxicam inhibits the aggregation of platelets. For systemic use this medicine reduces the pain syndrome. When Piroxicam used externally it weakens or suppresses inflammation and joint pain at rest...
- Targretin - Bexarotene is used to treat skin problems from a certain type of cancer (cutaneous T-cell lymphoma - CTCL ). It belongs to a class of drugs called retinoids (vitamin A derivatives). Bexarotene works by slowing or stopping the growth of cells.
- Treanda - Bendamustine belongs to the group of cancer-fighting medications known as antineoplastics, and specifically to the group of antineoplastics called alkylating agents. It prevents the growth of cancer cells by interfering with the genetic material DNA, which is necessary for reproduction of cells. Bendamustine is used to treat chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) that has not yet been treated, and to treat relapsed non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) . Your doctor may have suggested...
- Trisenox - Arsenic trioxide is used to treat a type of leukemia (acute promyelocytic leukemia-APL) when other types of treatment (e.g., chemotherapy) have not worked well or no longer work.
- Zanaflex - Tizanidine belongs to a group of medications called muscle relaxants . Tizanidine is used to treat spasticity , a condition where muscles in your body spasm, cramp, or become tight due to medical problems such as multiple sclerosis or spine injury. Muscle relaxants work by blocking excess firing of the nerve cells that control muscle movement. The benefits of tizanidine are related to its effects on the nervous system. The beneficial effects of tizanidine are noticeable within about one...
- Zelapar - This medication is used with levodopa/ carbidopa to treat movement disorders caused by Parkinson's disease . It does not cure Parkinson's disease, but it may improve shakiness (tremor), muscle stiffness, and sudden switching between normal movement and stiffness ("on-off" problems). It may improve your range of motion and ability to walk, dress, and exercise . Selegiline is an enzyme blocker (MAO inhibitor) that works by slowing the breakdown of certain natural substances in the brain ...
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology