Pharma company: arrow pharmaceuticals
List of arrow pharmaceuticals products:
- Addos XR - Pharmacological action Addos XR is aSelective calcium channel blocker class II, a derivative of dihydropyridine. This medication inhibits the entry of calcium into cardiomyocytes and vascular smooth muscle cells. Nifedipine has antianginal and hypotensive action. This drug lowers the tone of vascular smooth muscle. Addos XR dilates coronary and peripheral arteries, lowers blood pressure and slightly - myocardial contractility, reduces afterload and myocardial oxygen demand. This medicine...
- Alprax - Pharmacological action Alprax is an anxiolytic drug (tranquilizer), a derivative of triazolo-benzodiazepine. This medication has anxiolytic, sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, central muscle relaxant effect. The mechanism of action is to enhance the inhibitory effect of endogenous GABA in the CNS by increasing the sensitivity of the GABA-receptor mediator as a result of stimulation of benzodiazepine receptors located in the allosteric center of postsynaptic GABA-receptor activating...
- Clavulin - This combination product containing amoxicillin and clavulanic acid belongs to the group of medications known as antibiotics. It is used to treat infections caused by certain bacteria. Amoxicillin works by killing the bacteria that is causing the infection. Clavulanic acid helps make the amoxicillin more effective. This medication is most commonly used to treat infections of the sinus, ear, lung, skin, and bladder. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than...
- Diapride Forte
- Diapride Plus
- Epaq Inhaler
- Fluzole - Pharmacological action Fluconazole is an antifungal drug from the group of triazole derivatives. Inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol disrupting the permeability of the cell wall. This medication is active against Candida, Microsporum, Cryptococcus neoformans, Trichophyton. Pharmacokinetics Fluconazole is well absorbed after oral administration. Simultaneous ingestion does not affect absorption. The bioavailability is 90%. Fluconazole is widely distributed in tissues and organs of the...
- Formet SR
- Frakas - Pharmacological action Doxycycline is an semisynthetic tetracycline group's antibiotic of broad-spectrum. This medication has bacteriostatic action due to suppression of protein synthesis of pathogens. It active against aerobic gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus spp. (including strains producing penicillinase), Streptococcus spp. (including Streptococcus pneumoniae), Bacillus anthracis, Listeria monocytogenes; anaerobic bacteria: Clostridium spp. Doxycycline is also active against...
- Gantin - Pharmacological action Gabapentin is an antiepileptic drug. Chemical structure is similar to GABA fulfilling the function of the inhibitory neurotransmitter in the CNS. It is believed that the mechanism of action of Gabapentin is different from other anticonvulsants acting through GABA synapses (including valproate, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, inhibitors of GABA-transaminase, inhibitors of GABA capture, GABA agonists and prodrugs of GABA). In in vitro studies showed that Gabapentin is...
- Glucophage - Metformin belongs to the class of medications called oral hypoglycemics, which are medications that lower blood sugar. It is used to control blood glucose (blood sugar) for people with type 2 diabetes. It is used when diet, exercise, and weight reduction have not been found to lower blood glucose well enough on their own. Metformin works by reducing the amount of glucose made by the liver and by making it easier for glucose to enter into the tissues of the body. Metformin has been found...
- Gynazole-1 - Butoconazole belongs to the family of medications known as antifungals . It is used to treat vaginal yeast infections. It works by stopping the growth of the fungus responsible for the infection. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the conditions discussed here. If you have not discussed this with your doctor or are not sure why you are...
- Gynazole-1 Vaginal Cream
- Metrol - This medication is used on the skin to treat a certain skin disorder known as rosacea , a type of adult acne . It may help to decrease redness, swelling and the number of pimples caused by rosacea. This medication is an antibiotic. For the treatment of rosacea, metronidazole is believed to work by decreasing swelling (inflammation). Some brands of this medication also contain sunscreens (see also Notes section).
- Nypine - Pharmacological action Nifedipine is aSelective calcium channel blocker class II, a derivative of dihydropyridine. This medication inhibits the entry of calcium into cardiomyocytes and vascular smooth muscle cells. Nifedipine has antianginal and hypotensive action. This drug lowers the tone of vascular smooth muscle. Nifedipine dilates coronary and peripheral arteries, lowers blood pressure and slightly - myocardial contractility, reduces afterload and myocardial oxygen demand. This...
- Simvar - Pharmacological action Simvastatin is a hypolipidemic agent from a group of statins, an inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase. This medication is a prodrug because it has in its structure the closed lactone ring which is hydrolyzed after intake. Lipid-lowering effect of statins is associated with lower levels of total cholesterol by LDL-C. Reducing cholesterol is dose-dependent and is not linear but exponential. Statins do not affect the activity of lipoprotein and hepatic lipase, have no...
- Stelax - Pharmacological action Baclofen is a centrally acting muscle relaxant; GABA B -receptor agonist. It depresses mono-and polysynaptic reflexes presumably by reducing the release of excitatory amino acids (glutamate and aspartate) from the terminals which occurs as a result of stimulation of presynaptic GABA-receptors. This medication does not affect the transmission of impulses in the nerve-muscle synapses; reduces skeletal muscle tone; has a moderate analgesic effect. Pharmacokinetics ...
- VESIcare - Solifenacin belongs to the family of medications known as antispasmodics. It is used to relieve symptoms associated with an overactive bladder, such as urinary urgency (a need to urinate right away), urinary frequency, and urge incontinence (leaking or wetting caused by an unstoppable urge to urinate). This medication works by relaxing the bladder. It helps to reduce bladder spasms, the urge to pass urine, and the frequency of urination. It is usually necessary to take this medication...
- Zyclir Tablets - Pharmacological action Acyclovir Pharma is an antiviral agent. Thymidine kinase of virus-infected cells actively converts acyclovir through a series of sequential reactions in the mono-, di- and triphosphate of acyclovir. The latter interacts with the viral DNA polymerase, and embedded in DNA, which is synthesized for new viruses. Thus it is formed a "defective" viral DNA which leads to suppression of replication of new generations of viruses. This mediciine acyclovir is active against...
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology