ATC Level5: R06AX11 - Astemizole
- R06 - Antihistamines for systemic use
- R06A - Antihistamines for systemic use
- R06AX - Other antihistamines for systemic use
Drugs in ATC category "R06AX11":
- Alermi - Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine used to relieve symptoms of allergy , hay fever, and the common cold . These symptoms include rash , watery eyes , itchy eyes/nose/throat/ skin , cough, runny nose, and sneezing. This medication works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during an allergic reaction . By blocking another natural substance made by your body (acetylcholine), it helps dry up some body fluids to relieve symptoms such as watery eyes...
- Antagon 1
- Astemizole - Astemizole is a long-acting, non-sedating second generation antihistamine used in the treatment of allergy symptoms. It was withdrawn from market by the manufacturer in 1999 due to the potential to cause arrhythmias at high doses, especially when when taken with CYP inhibitors or grapefruit juice. Indication: Astemizole was indicated for use in the relieving allergy symptoms, particularly rhinitis and conjunctivitis. It has been withdrawn from the market however due to concerns of arrhythmias....
- Farmidal S
- Nono-Nastizol A
- Novo-Mastizol A
- Perifer H1
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology