ATC Level5: N02AE01 - Buprenorphine
- N02AE - Oripavine derivatives
Drugs in ATC category "N02AE01":
- Brospina SL
- BuTrans - Buprenorphine belongs to the class of medications called opioid analgesics (pain relievers). Buprenorphine sustained release is only intended to treat persistent moderate chronic (long-term) pain , where pain relief is needed around the clock. For acute pain or "breakthrough" pain, the doctor will prescribe another pain medication such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or a narcotic-containing medication. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those...
- Buprenorphine (Buprenorphine) - SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION SPL Unclassified section and Caution Simbadol ™ (buprenorphine injection) 1.8 mg/mL For subcutaneous use in cats Opioid Analgesic CAUTION: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order...
- Buprenorphine (Buprenorphine Hydrochloride) - SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION SPL Unclassified section and Caution Simbadol ™ (buprenorphine injection) 1.8 mg/mL For subcutaneous use in cats Opioid Analgesic CAUTION: Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order...
- Subutex - Buprenorphine is used to treat dependence/ addiction to narcotics ( opioids ). Buprenorphine belongs to a class of drugs called mixed narcotic agonist-antagonists. It helps prevent withdrawal symptoms caused by stopping other opiate-type narcotics. It is used as part of a complete treatment program for drug abuse (such as compliance monitoring, counseling, behavioral contract, lifestyle changes).
- Temgesic Forte
- Temgesic Sublingual
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology