ATC Level5: J05AH01 - Zanamivir
- J - Antiinfectives for systemic use
- J05 - Antivirals for systemic use
- J05A - Direct acting antivirals
- J05AH - Neuraminidase inhibitors
Drugs in ATC category "J05AH01":
- Relenza - Zanamivir belongs to the family of medications called antivirals. It is used to treat flu infections caused by two influenza viruses (influenza A and influenza B). It is also used to prevent or reduce the chance of getting the flu in household and community settings (but not in nursing homes) following close contact with an infected person. Zanamivir works by inhibiting an enzyme the flu virus needs to spread through your body. If it is used within 2 days of the start of flu symptoms,...
- Z-Flu DPI
- Zanamivir (Zanamivir) - 1 INDICATIONS AND USAGE RELENZA, an influenza neuraminidase inhibitor (NAI), is indicated for: Treatment of influenza in patients aged 7 years and older who have been symptomatic for no more than 2 days. ( 1.1 ) Prophylaxis of influenza in patients aged 5 years and older. ( 1.2 ) ...
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology