ATC Level5: G03AC03 - Levonorgestrel
- G - Genito urinary system and sex hormones
- G03 - Sex hormones and modulators of the genital system
- G03A - Hormonal contraceptives for systemic use
Drugs in ATC category "G03AC03":
- 28 Mini
- Imediat N
- Levonelle One Step
- Levonorgestrel (Levonorgestrel) - 1 INDICATIONS AND USAGE Plan B® is a progestin-only emergency contraceptive indicated for prevention of pregnancy following unprotected intercourse or a known or suspected contraceptive failure. To obtain optimal efficacy, the first tablet should be taken as soon as possible within 72 hours of intercourse. The second tablet should be taken 12 hours later. Plan B is available only by prescription for women younger than age 17 years, and...
- Microgest ED
- Next Choice - This medication is used by women to prevent pregnancy after birth control failure (such as a broken condom ) or unprotected sex. It is a progestin hormone that prevents pregnancy by preventing the release of an egg ( ovulation ) and changing the womb and cervical mucus to make it more difficult for an egg to meet sperm (fertilization) or attach to the wall of the womb (implantation). Using this medication will not stop an existing pregnancy or protect you against sexually transmitted...
- NorLevo Uno
- Norgestrel Max
- Norplant 2
- Pill 72
- Plan B One-Step - This medication is used in women to prevent pregnancy after birth control failure (e.g., broken condom ) or unprotected sex. It is a progestin hormone that prevents pregnancy by preventing the release of an egg ( ovulation ) and changing the womb and cervical mucus to make it more difficult for an egg to meet sperm (fertilization) or attach to the wall of the womb (implantation). Using this medication will not stop an existing pregnancy or protect you against sexually transmitted...
- Plan B - Levonorgestrel belongs to the family of medications known as progestins . Progestins are female sex hormones that are used in birth control pills and often in combination with the hormone estrogen. Levonorgestrel is a progestin-only emergency birth control pill intended for use within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse. It is intended for use only by those women whose regular birth control methods have failed or who may have had intercourse without birth control. It is not a...
- Tace - This combination medication is used to treat tension headaches . Acetaminophen helps to decrease the pain from the headache. Caffeine helps increase the effects of acetaminophen. Butalbital is a sedative that helps to decrease anxiety and cause sleepiness and relaxation. OTHER USES: This section contains uses of this drug that are not listed in the approved professional labeling for the drug but that may be prescribed by your health care professional. Use this drug for a condition that is...
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology