ATC Level5: G02AD06 - Misoprostol
- G - Genito urinary system and sex hormones
- G02 - Other gynecologicals
Drugs in ATC category "G02AD06":
- Cytotec - This medication is used to prevent stomach ulcers while you take NSAIDs (e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen ), especially if you are at risk for developing ulcers or have a history of ulcers. Misoprostol helps to decrease your risk of serious ulcer complications such as bleeding. This medication protects your stomach lining by lowering the amount of acid that comes in contact with it. This medication is also used in combination with another drug ( mifepristone ) to end a pregnancy (abortion)....
- Misoprostol (Misoprostol) - WARNINGS MISOPROSTOL ADMINISTRATION TO WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT CAN CAUSE ABORTION, PREMATURE BIRTH, OR BIRTH DEFECTS. UTERINE RUPTURE HAS BEEN REPORTED WHEN MISOPROSTOL WAS ADMINISTERED IN PREGNANT WOMEN TO INDUCE LABOR OR TO INDUCE ABORTION BEYOND THE EIGHTH WEEK OF PREGNANCY. (See also PRECAUTIONS , and LABOR AND DELIVERY ). MISOPROSTOL SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN BY PREGNANT WOMEN TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ULCERS INDUCED BY NON-STEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS...
- PMS-Misoprostol - Misoprostol belongs to the class of medications called synthetic prostaglandins . This medication is used to treat and prevent stomach ( gastric ) and intestinal ( duodenal ) ulcers. It is used to treat and prevent ulcers caused by a class of painkillers called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is also used to treat ulcers caused by peptic ulcer disease, which are most often caused by H. pylori (a bacteria that causes ulcers of the stomach and intestine). Misoprostol...
- T-Pill + Miso
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology