ATC Level5: G02AD02 - Dinoprostone
- G - Genito urinary system and sex hormones
- G02 - Other gynecologicals
Drugs in ATC category "G02AD02":
- Cervidil - This medication is used to help prepare your cervix (the lower opening of the womb) for labor and delivery . It is used in women who are having a normal pregnancy and who are at or near their delivery due date . Dinoprostone is a natural substance that your body makes in preparation for labor. It relaxes and softens your cervix (cervical ripening) to allow the baby to pass through the birth canal during delivery.
- Dinoprostone (Dinoprostone) - DESCRIPTION PROSTIN E2 Vaginal Suppository, an oxytocic, contains dinoprostone as the naturally occurring prostaglandin E2 (PGE2). Its chemical name is (5Z,11 α ,13E,15S)-11,15-Dihydroxy-9-oxo-prosta-5,13-dien-1-oic acid and the structural formula is represented below: The molecular formula is C 20 H 32 O 5 . The molecular weight of dinoprostone is 352.5. Dinoprostone occurs as a white crystalline...
- Minprostin E2
- PG (Dinoprostone) - Pharmacological action PG is an oral hypoglycemic agent, series of thiazolidinedione derivatives. Powerful and selective agonist of gamma-receptors, peroxisome proliferator-activated (PPAR-gamma). PPAR-gamma receptors are found in adipose and muscle tissues and liver. Activation of nuclear receptor PPAR-gamma modulates the transcription of several genes that are sensitive to insulin, involved in controlling glucose and lipid metabolism. This medicine reduces insulin resistance in...
- Prandin E2
- Prolisina E2
- Prostin E2 Extra-Amniotic
- Prostin E2 - This medication is used to cause an abortion during weeks 12-20 of pregnancy . It is also used up to week 28 of pregnancy to help vaginally remove any remaining material in the womb from a miscarriage /missed abortion. This medication causes the womb to contract and push out its contents, including the placenta and the fetus /unborn baby, whether living or not. Dinoprostone is a natural substance (prostaglandin) that your body makes in preparation for labor. It softens and widens the...
- Prostine E2
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology