ATC Level5: C09BB07 - Ramipril and Amlodipine
- C - Cardiovascular system
- C09 - Agents acting on the renin
- C09B - ACE inhibitors, combinations
- C09BB - ACE inhibitors and calcium channel blockers
- C09BB07 - Ramipril and Amlodipine
Drugs in ATC category "C09BB07":
- Amlodipine - Amlodipine is a long-acting 1,4-dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker. It acts primarily on vascular smooth muscle cells by stabilizing voltage-gated L-type calcium channels in their inactive conformation. By inhibiting the influx of calcium in smooth muscle cells, amlodipine prevents calcium-dependent myocyte contraction and vasoconstriction. A second proposed mechanism for the drugвЂ™s vasodilatory effects involves pH-dependent inhibition of calcium influx via inhibition of smooth...
- Ramipril (Ramipril) - Ramipril information Ramipril belongs to the class of drugs classified as ACE inhibitors or Angiotensin-Converting-Enzyme inhibitor. Ramipril indications This product is a drug prescribed for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure, and for the prevention of heart failures succeeding heart attacks. Ramipril is also used for the prevention of heart attacks, stroke and other heart related problems. Ramipril warnings The medication is major allergen especially to patients...
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology