ATC Level3: A11G - Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), including combinations
- A - Alimentary tract and metabolism
- A11G - Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), including combinations
- A11GA - Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), plain
- A11GB - Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), combinations
Drugs in ATC category "A11G":
- Vitamin C (Vitamin C) - A six carbon compound related to glucose. It is found naturally in citrus fruits and many vegetables. Ascorbic acid is an essential nutrient in human diets, and necessary to maintain connective tissue and bone. Its biologically active form, vitamin C, functions as a reducing agent and coenzyme in several metabolic pathways. Vitamin C is considered an antioxidant. [PubChem] Indication: Used to treat vitamin C deficiency, scurvy, delayed wound and bone healing, urine acidification, and in general...
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology