ATC Level5: A02BB01 - Misoprostol
- A - Alimentary tract and metabolism
- A02 - Drugs for acid related disorders
- A02B - Drugs for peptic ulcer and gastro
Drugs in ATC category "A02BB01":
- Arthotec Akut
- Arthotec Forte
- Arthrotec - Diclofenac sodium - misoprostol is used to treat symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Diclofenac belongs to the class of medications known as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs). It reduces pain and inflammation. Misoprostol helps to protect the stomach from irritation and stomach ulcers that can be caused by diclofenac. Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of...
- Artrenac Pro
- Artrene SR
- Cytotec - This medication is used to prevent stomach ulcers while you take NSAIDs (e.g., aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen ), especially if you are at risk for developing ulcers or have a history of ulcers. Misoprostol helps to decrease your risk of serious ulcer complications such as bleeding. This medication protects your stomach lining by lowering the amount of acid that comes in contact with it. This medication is also used in combination with another drug ( mifepristone ) to end a pregnancy (abortion)....
- Misoprostol (Misoprostol) - WARNINGS MISOPROSTOL ADMINISTRATION TO WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT CAN CAUSE ABORTION, PREMATURE BIRTH, OR BIRTH DEFECTS. UTERINE RUPTURE HAS BEEN REPORTED WHEN MISOPROSTOL WAS ADMINISTERED IN PREGNANT WOMEN TO INDUCE LABOR OR TO INDUCE ABORTION BEYOND THE EIGHTH WEEK OF PREGNANCY. (See also PRECAUTIONS , and LABOR AND DELIVERY ). MISOPROSTOL SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN BY PREGNANT WOMEN TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ULCERS INDUCED BY NON-STEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS...
- PMS-Misoprostol - Misoprostol belongs to the class of medications called synthetic prostaglandins . This medication is used to treat and prevent stomach ( gastric ) and intestinal ( duodenal ) ulcers. It is used to treat and prevent ulcers caused by a class of painkillers called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is also used to treat ulcers caused by peptic ulcer disease, which are most often caused by H. pylori (a bacteria that causes ulcers of the stomach and intestine). Misoprostol...
- Safeguard (Diclofenac Sodium/Misoprostol) - Pharmacological action Safeguard is an antiseptic. This medication is a quaternary ammonium compound, belongs to the cationic surfactant. Benzalkonium chloride has antimicrobial and antiviral activity against Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia spp., Trichomonas vaginalis, Herpes simplex Type 2, Staphylococcus aureus, little active against Gardnerella vaginalis, Candida albicans, Haemophilus ducreyi and Treponema pallidum. Safeguard is not active against Mycoplasma spp. This medicine exerts...
The information was verified by Dr. Arunabha Ray, MD Pharmacology